The Pharmacy Guild of Australia/Maxigesic Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award 2017
1. Entries for third party nominations close at 11.59pm on 26 May 2017 and entries for self-nominations and responses to nominations close at 11.59pm on 16 June 2017.
2. Entry is open to all pharmacy assistants who are 18 years or older, currently working in community pharmacy in Australia and have a minimum of two years community pharmacy experience.
3. State winners of the 2016 Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award are ineligible to enter.
4. Short-listed nominees will be notified in writing no later than 1 July 2017 and requested to attend a capital city based workshop and judging session. Attendance at this session will be at the nominees’ expense. Workshop dates can be found here. Unsuccessful nominees will also be notified no later than 1 July 2017.
5. The judges’ decision will be final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
6. The nominee agrees to be available for both state and national workshop days if successful.
7. State winners will be invited to represent their state at the final judging session at the Pharmacy Assistant National Conference 2017.
8. It is a requirement of the award that all state winners attend the final judging session at the Pharmacy Assistant National Conference (26-28 October 2017) at the Gold Coast, Queensland. The final judging session will take place on Thursday 26 October 2017 at QT Gold Coast. The National Winner will be announced during the Pharmacy Assistant Conference Gala Dinner on Friday 27 October 2017.
9. Travel and three (3) nights’ accommodation at QT Gold Coast for the final judging session will be provided for each state winner, provided all assessment relating to the final judging session is completed and returned by the specified due date. Travel will be arranged by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia in liaison with each state winner. A conference registration to the Pharmacy Assistant National Conference 2017 will also be included.
10. State finalists, state winners and The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year may be photographed and filmed at the state workshops, the final judging session and at The Pharmacy Assistant National Conference. Images may be used on future promotional material.
11. The prize for the 2017 Pharmacy Assistant of the Year is: a $5,000 cash prize; Guild Training package of your choice; monthly column in PostScript Magazine; return flights, accommodation and registration to APP2018 on the Gold Coast, including tickets to the Welcome Reception networking drinks, Retail Pharmacy Excellence Stream and Street Party (pending availability); invitation to participate as a judge for the 2018 state workshop day in your state; return flights, accommodation and registration to PA2018, including tickets to the Welcome Reception and Gala Dinner (pending availability); invitation to participate as a judge at the 2018 National Workshop Day on the Gold Coast in October. Prizes are non-transferable.
12. The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year is required to write, with assistance, a monthly column for PostScript Magazine.
13. The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year may be required to attend promotional events in 2017 and beyond with mutual agreement.
14. The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year acts as a representative of The Pharmacy Guild of Australia and approved award sponsors. All other sponsored activity, promotional requests and requests for representation must be pre-approved by The Pharmacy Guild of Australia in writing.
15. State finalists, state winners and The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year must not involve themselves in activities that bring The Pharmacy Assistant of the Year brand, The Pharmacy Guild of Australia or any approved sponsors into disrepute.
16. Testimonials, nomination answers and evaluation responses may be used on future promotional material.
17. State finalist names and pharmacy names may be releases to the media for promotional purposes.
18. We will notify your employer (and banner group if applicable) of your nomination.
18. The personal information obtained from your nomination will only be used for purposes relating to The National Pharmacy Assistant of the Year Award, and activities of the Pharmacy Guild of Australia. Personal information may be provided to the award sponsor for data analysis or marketing purposes.
19. Nominees wishing to provide feedback or make a complaint should do so by emailing email@example.com.
20. By nominating a pharmacy assistant for this award, the nominator agrees to The Pharmacy Guild of Australia sharing their name and nomination reason to the nominee.
21. Both nominators and nominees may receive future promotional material from The Pharmacy Guild of Australia. You may opt out at any time.